|This catalog has no sub-catalogs.|
No Assistance Needed.
Assistance Strongly Encouraged.
308 340HP Ford Engine Package
We can do final assembly/modification and Dyno test your new Ford Racing Crate engine in house!
308 CUBIC INCHES
340 HP CRATE ENGINE
You want Ford Racing Engine Performance Value?
You got it with the Ford Racing 306 Cubic Inches 340 hp Crate
Engine!! No other small block Ford can say that it has been
developed from the ground up and tested by the people
who know how to make a Ford run best – Ford Racing Engineers.
These are the same Engineers that design and build 500+hp Ford Racing
Crate Engines, 1,000+ hp Pro Stock engines and 200+MPH NASCAR® engines.
X302 features a mix of the best OEM, Ford Racing and aftermarket parts to
deliver strong street performance at an outstanding value. This is the perfect
replacement engine for a vintage muscle car, late model project, truck or
street rod. Add your choice of intake, distributor and water pump and X302
is ready to run. And unlike the imitators, no other crate engine has the
Blue Oval heritage and Ford Racing Engineering and Technical support.
• 340 horsepower @ 5500 rpm
• 350 lb-ft torque @ 4200 rpm
• Engine Type: 302-based small block Ford
• Displacement (cu. in.): 306
• Bore x stroke (in.): 4.030" bore x 3.00" stroke
• Block: OEM Precision Remanufactured 5.0L
• Crankshaft: Cast iron remanufactured
• Connecting rods: Forged steel
• Pistons: Mahle® forged
• Camshaft Ford Racing Hydraulic Roller Part No. M-6250-E303
• Camshaft lift (in.): .498
• Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 220
• Cylinder Heads: Ford Racing aluminum, 64 cc chamber
Part No. M-6049-X306
• Valve size (in.): 1.94 intake 1.54 exhaust
• Compression ratio: 9.0:1
• Rocker arms: Roller Rockers 1.6:1 ratio
• Valve covers (Part No. M-6000-302-070): Ford Racing Chrome
• Oil pan: M-6675-A50 stamped steel dual sump, fits most Fox-bodied cars
• Distributor: not included; steel gear required
• Recommended fuel: Unleaded premium
• Ignition Timing: Initial timing 12 degrees, total timing 34 degrees
• Maximum recommended rpm: 5800 rpm
• Balanced: 50 in/oz imbalance rotating assembly (common to 1981 and
• Engine power rating based on long tube headers, Edelbrock® RPM Air Gap
7521 intake manifold w/ 650 Holley® carb and Premium Unleaded pump gas
Engine/ Edelbrock Intake Manifold/ Ford 90 Degree H20 Outlet/ Thermostat Kit/ Intake Installation Kit/ Water Pump/ Alternator, Brackets, and Pulleys/ Mini Starter for FREE!/ Pertronix Distributor/ Ford Racing Black, Red, or Blue Wire Set/ Coil and Bracket/ Dist. Hold Down/ Cobra Air Cleaner Kit/ Cobra Valve Covers/ Valeo Flywheel/ Valeo Clutch Kit/ Quickfuel 680 Hot Rod Series Auto Choke/ Fork 5.0 Mustang Bellhousing Kit/ Tremec HD T-5 Bolt Kit and Pilot/ Optional: Assemble to Turnkey and Crating 400/ Optional: Engine Break-In/ 3 Pulls on Dyno With Video 250
Want to order or ask questions about this part? Please call 508-875-0016 or submit the form below.
To request information, please click here to fill out an engine inquiry form or give us a call at 508-875-0016.